In 1146, the monks created the first place of prayer and work, based on the rules of St. Benedict. The crypt at the center of the monastery is incorporated into the overhead Baroque church, built on the hill in the 17th century. In the crypt, that dates back to 1160, the monks gathered for prayer in chorus. After the renovation of 1643, the crypt was used as a burial place. In 1980, the crypt joints were removed, and the frescoes, having been hidden for a long time, re-emerged.